Western foods are killing the American dream, and the government’s solution is to give the rich and powerful more food.
The country’s food stamp program is a cash crop to which most people can afford to give money.
But a growing number of Americans are struggling to make ends meet, and with the economy contracting and many Americans struggling to keep a roof over their heads, the government wants to give them more food to buy, not less.
As the government begins cutting back on food stamps, it will also reduce food assistance to the middle class.
But the cuts are meant to be temporary and will not be permanent.
A recent analysis of data from the federal Department of Agriculture shows that since the start of the year, the federal food stamp rolls have fallen by almost 6 million people.
That means less money for food for everyone else.
To make up the difference, the Trump administration is proposing to reduce the amount people can receive by an average of 10 percent for the next six months.
The cut is projected to cost about $4 billion in 2018, according to a Department of Health and Human Services document that was obtained by The Washington Post.
The new food stamp cuts are being pushed by a coalition of groups, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which has warned of “a massive food shortage.”
“Food assistance has been cut from millions of families to millions of people,” said Stephanie Schriock, president and chief executive of the Chamber of Industry, a trade association.
“We need to restore a food security for Americans who are in need.”
The cuts, announced Thursday, will come after the Trump Administration announced in March that it would eliminate $3.8 billion in food assistance.
The reduction is expected to affect millions of Americans who earn less than $45,000 a year.
The administration has said that the cuts will be temporary.
The changes would reduce the food stamp population to about 9 million by the end of 2018, said Michelle M. Brown, a spokeswoman for the Department of the Treasury.
The Trump administration would then begin a new phase of the cuts starting in 2020.
The cuts would come into effect Jan. 1, 2021, according a USDA document.
The government is also seeking to lower the income of low-income Americans.
Under the proposed changes, some people will be allowed to receive food assistance only if they have children under age 18.
Some low-wage workers, such as janitors and grocery store clerks, will be exempt from food assistance if they work fewer than 25 hours a week.
The proposed cuts are part of a broader plan by the Trump government to cut federal spending, which was announced last week.
The government has already cut $1.4 billion from the food assistance program, or about 15 percent of total funding, the Associated Press reported.
The cuts are intended to help the government balance its budget by 2021, when Congress is expected for a vote on a budget that would cut $5.2 trillion in government spending.
The spending plan is a big political gamble for Trump, who has said he would not accept a balanced budget unless he can cut spending by a third.
Some Republicans have criticized the cuts as too big, and some Democrats have argued that the changes will hurt low- and moderate-income families.
Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, said in a statement Thursday that the proposed cuts would “have devastating impacts on families who rely on food assistance and would make it harder for millions of low and moderate income Americans to feed their families.”
The proposed changes have been controversial, even among some conservatives who support food stamps.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.